Falcon-Software developed and deployed a Web CMS project for Flow Waterjet Corp. using the Kentico CMS platform.
Flow International Corporation provides technologically advanced, environmentally sound solutions to the manufacturing and industrial cleaning markets. We’re the pacesetter in the development and manufacture of ultrahigh-pressure (UHP) waterjet technology, and a leading provider of robotics equipment.
Flow's roots date back to the early 1970s, when former research and development scientists from Boeing founded Flow Research. The first technology commercialized by that company was the use of an ultrahigh pressure waterjet as an industrial cutting tool. Flow later invented, patented and perfected the world's first abrasive waterjet system to cut hard materials up to 12 inches thick.
Since 1974, Flow has delivered over 10,000 waterjet and abrasive waterjet systems to customers in more than 100 countries.
Today, Flow’s core markets have grown to include aerospace, automotive, job and machine shops, paper, food, art and architecture, industrial cleaning, surface preparation, food processing and other specialty applications.
From our corporate headquarters in Kent, Washington, Flow now employs approximately 600 employees in offices in Indiana, Canada, Brazil, Germany, UK, Spain, Italy, France, Taiwan, Japan and China.
KEY PROJECT GOALS
Flow International Corporation requested a full redesign of their website, upgrading their website in order to provide more value to their customers, drive prospects to their product pages and to increase sales.
Items to be created/built into the site included:
- The site will be responsive.
- 3 environments will be supported – Falcon hosted development environment, externally hosted staging and production environments.
- 14 Languages for Translation
- Animated Lists
- Rotating banners
- Multiple Image sliders
- Brightcove Video Integration
- Video Sliders
- Interchangeable Banner layouts
- Templates/pages created:
- Leadership Team
- 15+ Designed Templates – various Internal Content Pages
- Worldwide Locations
- Language Selections
- Dictionary Page
- Applications Landing
- Ask a Question Form
- eBook Form
- Newsletter Form
- Simple Page – Generic content
- The Ask a Question form will be customized and connect with Flows CRM system
- Falcon will migrate all master page analytics to the new site. On page analytics will be migrated by content editors.
CHALLENGES AND SOLUTIONS
Flow knew technology and design trends change all the time and that they needed to bring their site up to date with a fresh modern look. The largest challenge of the site build was that the existing site was outdated, non-responsive/not mobile friendly, limiting access to their clients and building for easy translations and management for 14 languages. There were an extensive amount of hours spent on user testing and what their clients required out of their website. Design and layout of each page was very important to Flow.
Falcon-Software worked closely with the client to devise a site structure that would successfully communicate and organize their website’s content to all their main stakeholders. Falcon implemented the templates and the client continued with the content migration and translation of each page. In addition, the new website was built with Kentico CMS, which had the scalability and features that assisted with building an intuitive website.
KEY CRITERIA FOR CHOOSING Kentico CMS
Below are just some of the many reasons why Flow chose Kentico CMS:
- Functionality - Kentico out-of-the box features helped created a more dynamic site for the end user.
- Architecture - Kentico’s simplicity of page layout, templates, and wireframes allowed designers to implement intuitive websites for Flow’s target audience.
- Variety - Kentico offers a wide variety of website creation functions.
- Value - Kentico is cost effective.
RESULTS FOR Flow
With this Kentico site, the Flow team has a platform for long-term growth. Flow now has a website that has:
- A modern, full featured CMS.
- A responsive design website for maximum ease of use and impact.
- A site through which they can serve personalized and appropriate content in specific areas designed for each of their target audience groups.
- A site that can be easily translated and managed for 14 languages.