Falcon-Software developed and deployed a responsive website and product catalog for Rexnord using Kentico EMS.
Rexnord is a leading worldwide industrial company composed of two tactical platforms: Process and Motion Control, and Water Management. Rexnord serves as a diverse collection of growing, and reliable products to their customers. Moreover, each platform is within the global end markets, obtaining portfolios that are trusted brands within their industries.
KEY PROJECT GOALS
The primary goal of the project was to create a responsive website and product catalog to streamline internal/external communication and provide a foundation for future eCommerce initiatives.
- Create a website that easily allows for future developments and expansion
- Increase accessibility across all browser platforms
- Develop a product catalog that would support detailed specifications and improve ease of management
- Develop a document library with advanced workflows to support website searching and customer fulfillment
CHALLENGES AND SOLUTIONS
During the life cycle of the project, the Falcon team encountered two problems to conquer. The biggest challenge with Rexnord was that they had roughly 900 structured documents stored in SharePoint and 1000 unstructured documents stored in a variety of locations that needed to be migrated into Kentico EMS. Second problem was the development of an intuitive, flexible set of templates to manage Rexnord's extensive product catalog. Lastly, was the development of an intuitive workflow that covered numerous roles/users and permissions to ease the management of their extensive technical document library.
- Falcon-Software worked closely with the client to analyze and understand their products variations and specification requirements.
- Falcon-Software developed custom importing tool to aid in the initial migration and content structure of Rexnord's existing product catalog and technical document library.
- Utilizing Kentico's advanced workflow module, we established a process to automate the creation, approval and deployment of new technical documents to their document library.
KEY CRITERIA FOR CHOOSING THE KENTICO EMS
Kentico offered many opportunities for Ingram Micro to expand on their intuitive and custom designs. Below are just some of the many reasons why Ingram Micro chose Kentico CMS:
- Functionality: Kentico out-of-the box features helped create a more dynamic site for the end user.
- Architecture: Kentico’s simplicity of templates and centralized site management allowed designers more flexibility to implement changes and site administrators easy to use tools to configure site specific configuration.
- Variety: Kentico offers a wide variety of prebuilt webparts and ready to use modules.
- Value: Kentico is cost effective.
RESULTS FOR REXNORD
With this Kentico site, the Rexnord team has a platform for long-term growth. Rexnord now has a website that has:
- A modern, full featured CMS
- A responsive design website for maximum ease of use and impact
- A solid product catalog foundation that can be expanded upon in the future as new categories and ecommerce needs arise.
- An extensive technical document library that is searchable and easily maintainable.